Sunday, March 13, 2005

a little interaction

not too long after i started this blog i installed a little stat counter that tells me how many people surf over to this little nook i've carved out for myself in the web. a couple of days ago the little stat counter announced to me that it had recorded 1000 visitors. a large percentage of those visitors are Blog Explosion surfers, so to them i say : Thank you for stopping by for the requisite 30seconds that it takes for you to acquire credits. and to those of you who found, in those 30seconds, something worth reading that you actually stayed a little bit longer to either post a comment, or to blogmark / blogroll me, or simply to read a little bit more, i am touched and grateful. as fellow bloggers you too, are probably as much a hits & comments ho' as i am, and you probably do the little jig of joy everytime you get a comment too. come on, admit it.

although having 1000 visitors in the lifetime of the blog so far is nothing compared to blog divas like the Fish or the Bird (both writers whom i admire greatly, and whom i think should quit their day-jobs and do this for a living) who probably have something like 3000 visitors daily; or the blog queen, who has readers staying up till 4am just to be one of the first 100 commenters on her page, i thought i'd still do a little something special in honour of the occasion. i thought i'd do a little Interview, and ask you readers / fellow bloggers some blog-related questions. (my own answers are below too) :

1. What made you start blogging ?
i actually started blogging in 2003. had a private online journal for a bit, then decided to go public because writing to a diary that actually responds is way cooler.

2. How many people that you know in Real Life know about and read your blog ?
that i know of, a grand total of 2. the first, Mel, is actually the reason for me starting this blog in the first place; although she probably thinks that this is the only post here. the second, fellow GangerBanger and ex-roommate Nadz, i decided deserved the honour of a peek into the Me That Is Hardly Seen because she endured the horrors of living with me and managed to come out of it intact (just about).

3. How important are hits and comments to you ?
i used to really get a kick out of seeing the numbers on my stat counter rise, but now it just feels like playing a game with cheats enabled because of Blog Explosion. so what really makes my day is getting comments and e.mails from readers. it's really something to know that all these little words actually get read by people other than me.

4. How personal are your posts ? or, if someone you knew found out about your blog, how much trouble would you be in ?
so far i've only blogged about me, and not so much the people that i know, so with the exception of this one post (which i've since removed), i wouldn't be in any trouble at all. probably due to the fact that i am a little bit paranoid that the moment i begin bitching about someone on the blog they may find it, read it, and do awful stuff to me.

5. Have you been to / would you attend a blogger meet-up ?
i have not come across any other bloggers in this city (Liverpool bloggers, fess up !) so no, i have not attended a blogger meet-up. and to be honest, i'm not entirely sure that i would, if one did come up.

well, that's it, folks ! either answer in the comments section (and make me do my jig), or post it on your own blog (but leave me a link in the comments page so i'll know where to find it). or, because the Blogger comments has been really fucky lately, you can send me an e.mail and i'll post your answers up.


now playing : Sex and the City Theme by Groove Armada from the Sex and the City Soundtrack

and in case i haven't already mentioned this : Blogger has been really annoying the fuck out of me lately

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hey, dude. Stopping by from BE. Just wanted to let you know I stayed more than the required 30 seconds and read some of your posts.

Keep it up.
Maximum Awesome

Sun Mar 13, 04:49:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. What made you start blogging ?
Had met a few people online in forums, who all decided to start a blog. So I copied them!!

2. How many people that you know in Real Life know about and read your blog ?
Oooooh about 15 probably, one in the US, one in Bermuda, one in Canada, and the rest dotted about the UK.

3. How important are hits and comments to you ?
I think the links are the most important thing for me, especially on sites where they don't have many links. Non-BE hits are also cool, and comments cheer you up a bit, but I'm definitely a links man!!

4. How personal are your posts or, if someone you knew found out about your blog, how much trouble would you be in ?
Quite a few are about me and my mates, but nothing bad about them, as I know quite a few read it!

5. Have you been to / would you attend a blogger meet-up ?
I met up with a couple of close bloggy pals a few months ago, but nothing major. Would probably be up for it though....

Sun Mar 13, 05:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Came via BE abd stopped a while and hopefully added another to your counter. Come by and say Hi some time

Sun Mar 13, 05:40:00 pm  
Blogger Hurricane Bob said...

1. What made you start blogging ? I am trying to get into law school. I love politics. I figured that this would be a great way to put forth my political opinions, solicite debate, and defend my ideas. I'm not neccessarily trying to change someone else's mind, I'm trying to justify my own.

2. How many people that you know in Real Life know about and read your blog ? I get about 100 hits a day, tahnks to Blog Explosion and Blogazoo. I figure about 10% actually read anything because that is about how many interest me into reading theirs. I know 2 close friends and my mother read my blog just to see what have to say.

3. How important are hits and comments to you ? Hits are important because thats how you get new readers. Because of the structure of what I am trying to accomplish, comments are vital to my effort. I try to respond to all comments that add something to my debate.

4. How personal are your posts or, if someone you knew found out about your blog, how much trouble would you be in ? None, I do not post personal information, IMHO neither should anyone else.

5. Have you been to / would you attend a blogger meet-up ? Never been, would attend if I knew about it.

Sun Mar 13, 07:00:00 pm  
Blogger nu. said...

dave & mellow : thanks for stopping by !

james & bob : thanks for being such good sports !

theodorecraig : really ? not even a closet one ?

Mon Mar 14, 08:14:00 pm  
Blogger gringoninjo said...

I don't think I've ever come across any bloggers from Liverpool apart from us, and I don't really count anyway 'cos I'm from St Helens. I think it would be a bit wierd for a mass-blogger-meet-up (would we all be able to talk to each other? Or would we have to take pens and paper?)
So I've stayed for your 30 seconds so you get your hit, and (obviously) here's my comment, so start jigging! (:0)

Tue Mar 15, 10:55:00 am  
Blogger nu. said...

suki : i would've been a RiceBowl Journal-er too but they weren't accepting applications for a bit.

gringo : laughing out loud (whilst jigging) at your comment ! pens and paper... it would be more like a high school Biology class rather than a blogger meet-up

Tue Mar 15, 05:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home