Wednesday, March 02, 2005

when things don't go as planned

i had it all worked out. composed my blog-post in my head as i walked over to the room-where-the-water-heater-resides to turn on the water heater. i was going to shave my legs, have a nice warm shower, and then write about how lovely freshly-shaven legs feel, and what wonders a warm, relaxing shower brings. ten minutes later, i'm sitting in my bathroom shaving my legs, thinking about the levels of dexterity involved in such a task. thinking about how lovely my legs were going to feel. thinking about how long it's been since i last cut myself while shaving. well you know that thing they say about pride and falling ? and that other thing they say about jinxing a good thing ? well. i heard it before i realised it happened. the blade went "skrrrt" as it shaved off a 1.75x0.2cm patch of my skin. how much do i feel like a 14-year old who just started shaving her legs ? so then i step into the shower, and the water's deliciously warm. until... remember the patch of skin now washed down the sink ? well it left some nerve endings exposed when it got sliced off my leg and those nerve endings don't appreciate warm water as much as i do. ouch. not to worry, though, bc the hot water runs out. 5 minutes into my shower. 25 minutes of pre-planned bliss became 5 minutes of not-so-much-bliss followed by 10 minutes of fuck-the-water's-cold. and come on i just could not stay another 10 minutes. after my shower (a.k.a dousing self with ice water) i turned the heater way up. and put a plaster on my leg. the wound was bleeding so much i started to wonder whether i had also shaved off an artery or two. sure enough, 7 seconds later the plaster was soaked up completely. so now there are 3 plasters on my leg. plus, i had to clean up the bathroom after bleeding all over the bathroom floor. which was not exactly on my list of relaxing-things-to-do-this-evening. who knew so much blood could come out of such a small cut. thank you so much, Mr. Murphy.

although, the rest of my freshly-shaven legs do feel pretty damn good.

and also, i got Friendstered by CuteGuy from my studio.

so it wasn't all that bad.

now playing : Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia) by US3

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh. Reading that sent shivers down my spine! Flashback to when I've done that before. GOSH! Isn't that the most excruciating pain?! Just dropping by via BE. You've been blogrolled! :-)

Wed Mar 02, 11:02:00 pm  
Blogger nu. said...

yep. t'was one of those moments when i wished i were a man (but only for like 2 seconds). thanks for the link; consider yourself recipro-rolled !

Thu Mar 03, 12:23:00 am  
Blogger Pigs said...

Ew! That gave me goosebumps. And no desire to shave!

Thu Mar 03, 12:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bleurgh!! Being a man I've never had the urge to shave my legs, but even I winced when reading that.

Impressed by the fact that you had the presence of mind to calculate the exact size of the missing leg piece though. Think I would have been throwing stuff around the room at that point!!

Thu Mar 03, 12:57:00 am  
Blogger nu. said...

Ginny : not an option for me i'm afraid, unless i want to be monsterifically hairy.

James : was actually an estimated measurement; but you know what, i measured it properly with a ruler after i read your comment, and my estimation was pretty accurate !

Fri Mar 04, 12:50:00 am  
Blogger nu. said...

true... but don't you just love that smooth silky feeling of freshly-shaven legs ? one of the little things in life i adore.

Sat Mar 05, 02:20:00 am  
Blogger Admin said...

Hi there,
Just blogging and read the shaving story, it could be dangerous! lol
Drop by and post a comment to honour our fallen RCMP members! I would appreciate it! Have a safe weekend! From Holly
http://www.fightforjustice.blogspot.com

Sat Mar 05, 06:51:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just shaven legs is something that makes me feel sexy no matter what, but doing it is both dangerous and a superb pain in the ass.

Mon Mar 07, 03:17:00 pm  
Blogger nu. said...

agreed.

Tue Mar 08, 12:54:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home