Thursday, March 24, 2005

just passing time

just been banished from the kitchen by LovelyFlatmate who is, as i've just found out (the hard & scary way), not-so-Lovely when she's cooking. she tends to get nervous and flustered when there are people in the kitchen while she cooks. i think it's because she puts questionable amounts of questionable ingredients into her cooking, and she's afraid that she's being Judged, but i have No problem with her questionable recipes because whatever she cooks always turns out really good. she gets uncomfortable anyway; she's probably afraid i'll aneuryse (as in get a brain aneurysm) in the kitchen from the shock of her recipes. so under her strict orders i abandoned my dishes in the sink ("I need the sink !!"). i thought she was kidding at first until i attempted to wash my cup again and got a "What did i tell you about the sink !! I need space to chop my spring onions !!" so then i thought i'd just have a bottle of Actimel and chat with her. but when i took a seat at the kitchen counter she said, rather loudly and firmly, "Can't you take that into your room or something ?! I'll call you when dinner's ready !" i have honestly never seen this side of her before. it's like the kitchen unleashes her inner-demon. so much for flatmate-bonding.

so here i am, banished to my room, writing up another post for this blog. i haven't been posting frequently at all, compared to the almost-everyday-updates i had going last month. i guess there hasn't been much going on that's bloggable. i Did, however, find quite a gem of a site this week. check this out. it's the confessional box where your priest is the Internet. everything's annonymous, and for every confession you make, you get to read someone else's.

i'm going to venture back into the kitchen again, just to see if dinner's ready yet. so wish me luck and if i don't come back, it's been nice knowing ya.

just finished reading : the Parker Grey Show by Kristen Buckley. it's the ChickLit that isn't. get it. you'll love it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter. Thanks for visiting us at Blue Monkey Jammies

Sat Mar 26, 10:44:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi nu.
I never realised that so many blogs would show up if I did a search on something like baking. I'm still not sure how well this post falls into that category, but I've enjoyed visiting :0) Adios Amigo.

Fri Oct 28, 02:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on cooking club, and the next I'm reading this post. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, nu., but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on cooking club.

Sat Oct 29, 11:40:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day nu.
I seem to have found this post while searching for things on kids recipes. I can see why, but I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd say hello :0)

Thu Nov 03, 04:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home