Monday, June 12, 2006

this n' that

i broke my digital camera at the beach last week. there's sand in it so the lens doesn't come out anymore, and according to the guy at the shop the cost of repairing it wouldn't be worth it since it's such an old camera. i am really bummed about that. on the plus side though, i guess it is an excuse to get a new one, although i'm lacking the funds to do so. so it's back to good ol' manual for me. and i do have a good manual camera - it's an M-gen Pentax SLR... only thing is i don't have the skills to use it well.

i found out recently that my old friend Davina has moved to London from wherever it was that she was at before... Melbourne, i think. so, i guess i'll be meeting up with her soon-ish - as soon as time and money allow!

man it is so annoying moaning about money...

i love that it's summer. it's not stifflingly hot... well, not all the time anyway, and because it isn't freezing cold, it makes me drink more water, which is good. except, it also makes me pee a lot.

i had a scary dream the other night. because it's now warm, i sleep with the windows open (brings a nice breeze into the room) and i dreamt that a man took this really long ladder and used it to climb into my room. he climbed right in, crawled under my table, then walked across the room and stole my TV and Playstation, and a bunch of my DVDs! it seemed really real, and it was as if i could almost sense a presence in the room with me, which was the scary part.

i miss driving. my dad has this old Austin Vanden Plas Princess in the garage, and when i was a kid he used to take me out in it sometimes, just to run the engine. parts of the floorboard is rusty, and the floor on the passenger's side has a little hole in it, which i thought was pretty cool because i could see the road whizzing by underneath the car. anyway, i dreamt i was driving it one night, but i couldn't get it to brake, so i had to kick my way through the floor and stop it Flintstone-style.

my grandmother is really sick. late one night i got a call from my mum, telling me that my grandma wanted to talk to me before she "went". so we had a little chat, said our goodbyes and before i went to bed that night i prayed that she would have a nice peaceful death. next morning i called home and it turned out that she didn't die after all. well that was almost a month ago and she's still hanging on, which i suppose is a good thing? the thing is that she's so ill that it's just a matter of time and if i were her, i guess i'd rather get it over with than lie around in discomfort waiting to die.

anyway. i watched The Da Vinci Code during the weekend and i have to say that i enjoyed the movie more than i did the book. mostly, perhaps, because i went to see it expecting it to suck like the critics said it would. which is kind of how the book really disappointed me... there was so much hype about how great it was that i read it expecting to be blown away. i think one thing i really liked about the movie was that it didn't start with a disclaimer from Dan Brown about how all the facts in it were true. plus there were some really nice shots of the glass pyramid in the Louvre and, unlike the book, nobody claimed that the glass pyramid was made out of 666 panes of glass.

these days i'm busy with job applications and updating/spoofing up my portfolio, which i've recently realised, kind of sucks. also, trying to clear up all the mess that has accumulated in my room.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd freak out without a camera - good thing you have a backup! :)

Mon Jun 12, 06:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home