Monday, April 03, 2006

variations en Rongeur

i watched Amadeus on Friday evening. was quite disappointed with it... Mozart was annoying, and i wanted to kill him just as much as Salieri did. in fact the best scene, i think, was when he was on his death bed writing the Requiem. anyway, i didn't really want to talk about Amadeus. i wanted to talk about the little rat i saw scurrying across my bedroom floor while i was watching Amadeus. he was a tiny rat, about two-thirds the size of my iPod, and had tiny black eyes and a tiny tail. i thought he looked cute, about a second before another thought hit me hard: rats are disgusting, and they shit, and chew stuff up. also they have scary feet. so i switched off the TV and ran downstairs to get the vacuum cleaner. i spent the rest of the night tidying - really tidying - my room... threw away all the papers i don't need, organized my bookshelf , and got everything off the floor and back where they belong - in the closet. i opened my windows and called out to Jerome (which is what i decided to call the rat) and asked him very politely to get out. i made a little staircase out of some books and left the windows open while i vacuumed and cleaned and spritzed and cleared. by the end of the night i'd seen no further sight of Jerome so i assume he's gone. anyway it could be that the house i'm living in is something like almost 100 years old and Jerome's family were probably living here long before i moved in, but i'm still glad i cleaned up good cos my the place looks much better now... there's actually floorspace!

tomorrow (or rather, later today) i'm off to Nottingham to spend a few days with Mouse. it was his birthday on Friday and i was supposed to be there for the weekend but had to work early Saturday morning and so postponed my trip. i'm looking forward to a good few days away and some alternative input on my design. he's organised some picnic outing in some deer park for us on Tuesday, where we will be sipping wine, eating sandwiches and critting each other's work. on Thursday and all through the weekend i'll be working from 7am to 6pm (eek!) which is a drag but oh well, watchagonnado.

my submission is 5 weeks away! so the next few weeks will be plenty stressful. i e-mailed my tutor a programme of work for the next few weeks, but thinking about it now, it does seem a bit too ambitious. i spoke to Rose about it (which is, really, all i talk about with Rose) and i've decided to just get this over with, screw portfolio-worthiness, cos if i have to stay here another year i'm leaving ala the King of Mice.

soon it will be summertime! with easy livin'.

3 Comments:

Blogger eatmisery said...

I hope Jerome is gone by the time you come back. Yeesh.

Mon Apr 03, 07:25:00 pm  
Blogger eatmisery said...

I'm back! See my blog for the picture of my new little girl!

Wed Apr 12, 07:29:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing jerome is gone now, eh? :)

Thu Apr 27, 08:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home