Sunday, June 25, 2006

about today

after months of illness, my grandmother finally passed away at 8.42pm today (Malaysian time). i don't know all the details yet, but she apparently went into a coma and died in her sleep. i'm glad she wasn't in any pain. when my mum called from my aunt's house, she was in tears and i could hear my aunts and cousins crying in the background. and then my dad called, and he was crying too. and that made me sad, the fact that my dad has just lost someone he must feel very deeply for. i was close to my grandmother when i was little - she used to visit with us when i was little, and sometimes stayed for months. so i'm attributing the lack of effect that her death has so far had on me to the fact that throughout her illness i've been somewhat detached from the roller-coaster of emotions that the rest of my family have been feeling because i'm far away from home. or maybe Prozac. anyway, God should be so lucky to have my grandmother in heaven... she makes kick-ass tuak*!

*tuak rice wine

3 Comments:

Blogger eatmisery said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope your family can get through this as best as possible. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

Wed Jun 28, 03:24:00 am  
Blogger surwira said...

i'm very sorry to hear that. but i always believe, behind every cloud is a silver lining. i hope when the emotions finally hits home, you are able to handle it well. i'm sure you may have a pretty good friend(s) support system where you are. you may need it.

Wed Jun 28, 05:45:00 pm  
Blogger nu. said...

thanks lovelies!

Sun Jul 02, 03:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home