Sunday, October 23, 2005

can we fix it? well, sort of...

guess what i did today. fixed laminate flooring in my kitchen, that's what! the previous tenants left behind a few packs of laminate flooring that they never got around to fixing, and i thought, well since it's free i might as well fit them in myself. so i went over to Rapid, bought a little saw, a hammer and some wood glue, and in my kitchen all that stuff sat for about a month until this afternoon, on a whim, i thought i'd get off my lazy ass and get DIY-ing. worked for 6 hours (!!) straight (!!) and fixed about a third of the flooring in. hey, give me a break - first DIY job i've ever done, ay! it doesn't look too bad... the uneven edges have been nicely placed to parts of the kitchen where other things will be covering it up, like a table, or a rug. i think there may be quite a few rugs in my kitchen soon...

anyway, here's where my story gets kind of funny.

i finished fitting in a whole pack of laminates, and when i went to the store room to get the next pack out, i realised that they were in another colour! so now a third of my kitchen floor has orange-ish brown laminates, and the rest will be brown-ish brown laminates.

and i was feeling so proud of what i'd accomplished this afternoon.

anyway, here's where my story gets kind of painful.

no, actually, really painful. because of the sawing / hammering involved in this the first DIY job i have ever done in my entire life, my arms, shoulders, fingers, are hurting like a sonofabitch.

so the first person who enters my kitchen and dares to comment on the not-sameness of the floor colour is going to get majorly ass-kicked.

2 Comments:

Blogger nu. said...

hi Polly! Rapid is the name of a hardware store where i live. :)

Mon Oct 24, 12:25:00 am  
Blogger nu. said...

pictures soon, Suki. and i am quite proud of myself, really. :)

Thu Oct 27, 10:34:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home