Thursday, July 28, 2005

rainy day post

rear windowit's a rainy summer's day here and no better place to spend it than at the FACT's Rear Window Cafe. waiting for this show to start. if you click on the link you'll see what it's about, and i'll be watching it, claiming design research, as i'm designing a contemporary music centre for my design thesis, and this movie is about contemporary music. well, any excuse to lax is good enough for me.

meanwhile, i just read my sister's blog (yes, all three posts), and i really hope she keeps this blogging up! it's the most i've heard from her, and the deepest that i've heard off her, and it's really opening my eyes to the grown-up person that she's turning out to be. i guess at this point it would do well to point out that my sister and i aren't as close as some others. we hated each other when we were growing up, we'd find excuses to not only not be in the same room with each other, but not even be on the same floor. i say hate, but i mean hate in the loosest sense possible, because although she hated me for picking on her, and i hated her for irritating the guts out of me, there was a sisterly bond between us, as in, if i were crossing the road with her and a huge bus came out of nowhere racing in my direction and then smashed me to pieces, i'm sure she would have cried at my funeral. at least my mum would have made sure of that.

kidding aside, though, we've grown closer over the years, perhaps mostly because most of that time i was at least a 2-hour plane ride away. so maybe in our case, absence does indeed make us grow more fond of each other. we're still not as close as i'd like, for example i thought all this while that she and her boyfriend were just having a bit of fun, but she seems to really, really like him. and with all the non-relationships that i've been having of late, maybe it's time i took a bit of a lesson from her.

verging off on a tangent, though, i just looked up to people watch in between sentences, and i'm the only person in this cafe with a non-Apple laptop! guy on my right has a 14-inch iBook, guy on my left has 14-inch PowerBook, and i can see another 3 iBooks in front of me! i'm oozing with jealousy and scheming grand theft in my head.

actually with that i'm going to leave you here. not to commit larceny, but to buy my ticket and another cappuccino to take into the Box.

2 Comments:

Blogger WaBBa Fe$H said...

jeez nu, u sound like you are stalking on your sister... tsk tsk tsk, if only she knew...

Fri Jul 29, 03:31:00 am  
Blogger nu. said...

do i really? teehee. well i know where she lives...

Fri Jul 29, 01:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home