Wednesday, May 04, 2005

finally!

this morning i woke up to the most beautiful sound i've heard this week : the sound of the lift working! my room is next to the lift shaft and the stair core, and the lift has been out of order for the past one week. climbing 11 flights of stairs a day is a great way to work out, but i'd like to do it because i want to (which is almost never), and not because i'm forced to. so this morning, when i heard the whirr of the lift, instead of the thump-thump-thumping of someone's footsteps down the stairs, my heart did a little leap of joy (as it tends to do whenever something good happens) and the first thought that ran through my head was "I'll finally have some clothes to wear!". because the laundry room is on the ground floor, i have to go up and down 11 flights of stairs three times to do my laundry - the first time to put the clothes in the washer, the second 40 minutes later to transfer them to the dryer, and the third 50 minutes after that, to collect my clean, dry, nice-smelling clothes. so needless to say, after weeks of not doing laundry (and before you ask me why i didn't do my laundry before the lift broke down, i'll tell you that there was no way that i could've known that the lift would break down in the first place, and not be fixed until One Week later) my clothes were piling up, overtaking the room. there were clothes all over the floor (yes, even after my room de-cluttering), all over the bed - none of them clean, none of them good to wear. and i was running out of youknowwhats too.

now i've just came back from trip #3 to the laundry room, so much more fun because i am not breathless from climbing up 11 flights of stairs. although, when i was in the lift, i noticed a very odd "clunk" sound when the doors closed, and while the lift-car rode the 11 floors i found myself thinking whether it was better to climb up 11 flights of stairs everyday, or risk being abducted by the lift.

the weather looks really nice outside, so i think i'm going to take my clean, nice-smelling clothes out for a walk. later this evening, i may be watching this. i think i'll take the stairs down, just for the hell of it.

now playing : Sexual Healing by Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals from Live From Mars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home