Tuesday, April 19, 2005

11 floors... not that high ?

i can never leave this apartment again. at least, not through the main (and only) door. and here's why : ever since the fob-scanning thingy at the main entrance broke down, the management's posted a doorman at the front door of my building, although the fob-scanning thingy is now working. i thought it was pretty cool, having a doorman in the building. i'd pretend i lived in a swanky, posh apartment. i imagined the doorman wearing a red waistcoat and a hat, instead of his dark blue Unite jacket. and he's a pretty friendly guy (as doormen should be). he says "Good morning" with a smile when i leave the building, and asks "Y'alright?" in that Liverpool way when i get back. well this afternoon, when i got back from my crit (more on that later), he started talking to me, and i talked back, not wanting to seem rude. he had a friend with him, who's also studying Architecture (like me) so i talked to him too. next thing you know, he's asking for my number. i quickly muttered that i "had to go", and practically ran up the stairs.

now i'm stranded in my flat, thinking how many bedsheets i'd have to tie together to make a rope long enough for me to scale down the building with. and realising that even if i Did climb out of my window, i'd still have to get out of the building through the main entrance. hmm... maybe if i tie even more bedsheets, and then climbed down the other side of the building...

and i'm supposed to catch Miss Congeniality at Odeon in 15 minutes !

so. on my crit. i had a talk with my StudioCo-ordinator about my Design Thesis, and we both agreed that i won't be able to produce anything worth submitting within a month's time. so i'm suspending my studies till September, which means that i'll be graduating at least 3 months later than the rest of my course, which is actually an idea i'd been toying with for the past few weeks now. plus, i barely passed my Dissertation, and am not at all pleased with what i came up with last semester, and this will be a chance for me to brush that up as well.

i still need to talk to my parents about it, but i don't think there'll be much problem there. they're usually quite supportive of whatever i decide to do, "as long as i graduate", as my mum puts it. i'm pretty sure that i'm making the right decision here; although it means 3 more months than i'd rather spend on this course, i think my Thesis and Dissertation both deserve the extra effort.

now... time to muster up nerves of steel as i head downstairs, past TheDoorman, and off to my movie ! this is one of those times where i wish i had a pair of big googly sunglasses and a big floppy hat.

1 Comments:

Blogger nu. said...

oooh... that whole stalking thing didn't cross my mind at all. slightly freaked now. plus, he probably has one of those master-keys that can open up any door. good thing he doesn't know which flat i'm in...

Thu Apr 21, 01:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home