Tuesday, April 19, 2005

dear Sandra Bullock,

oh. my. God. what have you done ? i loved you in this and this. and even this wasn't all that bad either (actually i might have been just watching it for Hugh Grant). but oh, my. this was just plain disappointing. which caught me by surprise, because i enjoyed the first one. i liked FBI Agent Gracie Hart. she was so cute, with her frumpy hair, and her snorty laugh. and i loved how Michael Caine cracked his gay stylist whip and va-va-voomed Gracie into Miss America Miss contestant Miss Gracie Lou Freebush. and who can help but love the idea of a Murphy-Brown-turned-evil ? and Benjamin Bratt ? nevermind that he reminded me of one of my studio tutors, but wasn't he the yum ? and that little line Gracie sang to him : "you think i'm pretty, you want to kiss me, love me and marry me". i loved it ! that, Sandy, was pure chick-flick entertainment.

but oh, my.

where do i begin, with a movie where wrong follows wrong ? okay. first, what was with the attitude ? Grace Hart becomes yellow-polyester-wearing fashionista who "cares about herself so that other people will care about her" because her boyfriend dumped her ? and Regina King ? tell me she's actually a man acting as a very-angry-woman. Diedrich Bader doesn't even come close to being a Michael Caine (can anyone say redundant character, or Miss Congeniality 1 all over again ?) but really, Sandy, you looked like you were just in this film for a ride, because you had nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon. "hmm. what to do today. oh, i know, i'll just make a sequel to that really famous film i made a little while back ! we'll use a similar plot, similar characters, just change the actors ! no one will ever notice !"

next time you're bored on a Sunday, do what i do : grab a book, head down to Starbucks for a cup of Sunday coffee, or to Nando's for a bowl of Sunday caesar chicken salad. and stop making movies as bad as the one i just spent £4.40 on. because that could've bought me dinner (almost).

sincerely,
a (for now) fan

2 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Hi nu,
I totally agree, but will she listen. LOL take care and have a great week!

Tue Apr 19, 09:30:00 pm  
Blogger nu. said...

Holly : thanks ! you have a great week too !

Suki : yep. here's hoping :)

Thu Apr 21, 01:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home