Saturday, February 17, 2007

sewer monsters would be appalled

Oops i guess there is something that needs explaining... i still have my old job, that is, my current job - Shop Assisting, in a Shop. Thing is, this is meant to be a transitionary job, something that feeds the rent and bills whilst i look for a real job - Architecting, in a Firm.

Well, now that that's cleared up, this is how my job interview went: good. did not trip, did not rip pants, etc. Met with the Director of the firm, and the office manager. Went through my portfolio, which they appeared to like, and i got good feedback from them about my work. After all that though, and a massive 2-day high, they called back and told me that i didn't get the job; said they needed someone with more work experience. Which really gripes my ass, because how am i supposed to gain work experience when no one will give me work?

Also, i sent in an application late last year to have my student visa extended, got my passport back a couple of weeks ago, but the extension was denied. So i met with a solicitor this week to work on an appeal against the decision. Sent all the forms off, and all i have to do now is wait til they set a court date for a hearing... fucking court yo!

So i don't know, i've had a sucky couple of weeks... actually, a pretty fucky couple of years now. i'm guessing one day, maybe a long way from now, i'll look back at this time and laugh. or reflect on how experiences like this helped me grow and all that shit. or maybe not.

I suppose good things have happened too... it's just taking me a little bit longer to think what.

Oh, my kitchen floor is finally here! it actually arrived almost a month ago, i just haven't had the time to fit it in yet. it's a marbley-looking light tan colour linoleum, and it shouldn't be all that hard to fit in. i'm just wondering how i'll get a 4-m long roll of floor up a flight of stairs and into the narrow corridor of my hallway...

Speaking of my kitchen, it is currently in a dreadful state. tea-stained rings on the counter top, 2-week old dishes in the sink, week old coffee in the coffee maker. i think i have milk in the fridge that can't be called milk anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger WaBBa Fe$H said...

that is always the case for the freshies. They want experience written on the CV but like you said, "it aint possible unless they give us one". But hang in there and chuck your CV to almost all architect-ing firm you know. One or two will strike, it's a lot like winning the lottery. :)

Wed Feb 21, 01:44:00 pm  
Blogger eatmisery said...

I'm guessing that the milk in your fridge is now chewable. Heh...

Sun Feb 25, 03:41:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home