Friday, December 02, 2005

plain drivel

the trees in the front yard are bare. and it's cold. today it is sunny. sunny but cloudy. so it won't be sunny for much longer.

on Monday, on my way to therapy, it snowed. it snowed all Monday morning. very little, though. by the afternoon, the snow had melted and you wouldn't know that it had snowed unless you were out, like i was, at 9 in the morning. it was the first (and only) time i had been up so early this entire week, and right now, i wonder if i had woken up today at 7am would i have seen some snow too? on Monday, at therapy, i talked about expectations and relationships. and expectations; my expectations of myself. and today, reading a Cuttheshit post about Rent, the last line leaped out at me : "Just by living, you're doing more than is ever expected of you." and i thought that was pretty cool.

i bought a new phone on Monday too. and i got a bluetooth headset for free too. i am loving the handsfree-ness that comes with a bluetooth headset. yesterday i made calls to Vodafone, United Utilities, and the Council Tax place to settle stuff about my bills and why are you charging me £85.13 for water when i've already set up a monthly direct debit arrangement? and i made all these calls handsfree-less, with my headset tucked behind my ear, and "look Ma, no wires!" i carried on with my filing, and hole-punching, and organising, whilst talking on the phone, without having to hold the phone! i love technology.

the phone was an impulse purchase (although i didn't have to pay anything cos i get the phone free when i sign on to the contract with the phone company) and it is also the end of All The Things That I Want. the absolute end. now i have Everything I Want, i have no more need to spend any more money. also, because i am broke, i have no choice. now, i have my big-ass TV, broadband connected, PlayStation, plus a phone that i didn't really need, and a pretty pink iPod. so i'm all set. nothing more.

except, maybe, a new pair of boots. cos it's winter and my shins are feeling chilly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather B. said...

oh vodafone. I miss it. Not because it was spectacular service or anything, just because it reminds me of europe.

Fri Dec 02, 05:58:00 pm  
Blogger eatmisery said...

It sounds like Christmas came early for you. Congrats on all the fun gadgets...the bluetooth, especially.

Fri Dec 02, 11:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home