Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bitten by the blug

So i've hopped back on the blog wagon, thanks to Mel and the fact that multiply refused to allow me to post my journal up. hopefully i'll be able to keep up this time, and not end up abandoning it like i did my other 2 blogs. great way to keep in touch with people though. this way i won't have to type out 5 e.mails with similar content to 5 different friends. so if any of my friends are reading, this is what's been going on in my life so far :

Had Chinese New Year dinner at Joshua's last night - steamboat style. not too bad but i honestly am not that hot about steamboat. company was ok, but left early to get home in time for DesperateHousewives. suppose it's the next best thing for these post-SexInTheCity times. sad, but even Julia is hooked on it, although i suspect she's just watching for Gardener John.

Currently working on my design thesis - the Psychology of Space; will be doing a shelter for abused women. lots of reading up ahead, also trying to line up interviews with someone from Sociology and Women's Aid or Refuge. suspect that it will be pretty hard getting them to let me visit a shelter - security surrounding it is usually quite tight. progress is Slow, thanks to the fact that I am the Queen of Procrastination.

Sarah recommended RetailTherapy to me a few weeks ago when i was deep down in the dumps. i think i may have gone a little overboard in taking her advice... i swear i can now draw out the layout plans for Zara, Warehouse and KarenMillen. the whole exchange rate concept has escaped me and my Visa screams everytime i open my (recently purchased) purse. the fact that i'm living smack in the middle of the city centre is not helping, although it's no use confining myself to my room because of the wonderful world of Online Shopping.

I watched Aladdin (the Disney cartoon) last week; copied from SzeKai's enormous library of downloaded movies. i think the last time i watched it was when i was 11 ? amazingly i still remember the lyrics to most of the songs, although i'm not all that surprised that i do since i probably spent most of Primary 5 / 6 singing them with Davina and Tracy. Sad, sad lives we once lived.

today's quote : "Time hangs like a noose before me" --- Grant Lee Phillips
now playing : Harry Connick Jr.'s But Not For Me from When Harry Met Sally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home